Leading in Sandwich-Positions
The role transition between specialist and manager is a demanding task that poses great challenges for managers in sandwich positions.
In this Re:Think Leadership Workshop, managers are prepared for these roles and the responsibilities they entail. Leading one’s own team and meeting targets vis-à-vis superiors are the main topics of this workshop.
Participants learn practical Re:Think Leadership Methods for confident communication and decision-making, as well as how to use planning tools for agile and trustworthy leadership.
As a result, they expand their professional training with systemic leadership skills, tailored to their situation.
The Topics & Goals
1. Vision & Goal Setting
- How do I define collaborative goals?
- How do I develop and justify a vision for the future?
- How do I get my team and superiors excited about my vision?
- How do I turn my vision into a mission statement?
- How do my goals become shared milestones?
2. Employee & Talent Development
- How do I develop employees and enable them to perform better?
- How do I prevent competition for promotions within the team?
- How do I find the right balance between personal responsibility and control?
- How do I motivate my employees in the long term?
- How do I avoid and moderate resistance to change?
3. Communication with employees and superiors
- How do I pass on difficult decisions to my team?
- How can I enforce decisions that I cannot influence myself?
- How can I avoid “silent mail” and promote team cohesion?
- How do I explain my plans and decisions in an understandable and structured way?
- How do I develop and promote understanding and trust within the team and with superiors?
The Re:Think Leadership Workshop is aimed at managers in a management position between employee responsibility and higher director level.
One Workshop Day (8 hrs.)
Two Follow-Up Sessions (4 hrs.)
Participants will be supported with practical methods for their particular role, to develop or expand their own leadership style.